- Todd Archer writes that the Cowboys are not enthused about signing some of notable free agents safeties including Eric Reid, Kenny Vaccaro and Tre Boston.
- Archer adds that Dallas doesn’t believe these players were the best fit for their defensive scheme.
- According to Archer, the possibility of the Cowboys trading for Seahawks S Earl Thomas isn’t necessarily over, even though the draft came and went without a deal and it’s possible the two teams could discuss a deal this summer.
- Field Yates reports that the Falcons gave former Virginia QB Kurt Benkert $60,000 guaranteed to sign as an undrafted free agent. Benkert receives a $10,000 signing bonus and $50,000 of his base salary guaranteed.
- Yates mentions that this is a sign that Atlanta views Benkert as a possible development quarterback.
- Falcons signed 27 undrafted free agents. (NFLTR)
NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus announced Tuesday that he’s now representing Giants OT Ereck Flowers.
Rosenhaus tells Matt Lombardo of NJ.com that he will speak with the Giants at some point in the near future about his client’s status.
“I have a good relationship with the Giants organization,” Rosenhaus said. “I will be speaking with them soon about Ereck.”
- According to a recent report, the Giants were looking for a mid-round pick in return for OT Ereck Flowers during the draft. (NFLTR)
- While the draft came and went without a deal, Paul Schwartz of the New York Post reports that the Giants will not be parting ways with Flowers, even though he held out of voluntary workouts.
- Schwartz says the Giants plan to allow this situation to play out before deciding what, if anything, to do with Flowers. Should he skip mandatory minicamp next month, Schwartz believes it could lead to him being moved.
- A report surfaced that the Giants were bringing in free agent ILB NaVorro Bowman for a visit, but Art Stapleton reports that this is not true.