- According to Todd Archer, QB Tony Romo is likely to have some influence on the team’s decision to bring back RB DeMarco Murray next year.
- Archer won’t rule anything out when it comes to the Cowboys trading up or down in the draft.
- Archer expects CB Brandon Carr to accept a paycut and for the Cowboys to tender restricted free agent Sterling Moore.
- As for Morris Claiborne, Archer writes that anything the Cowboys get from him should be treated as a bonus.
- In free agency, Archer could see the Cowboys targeting someone like CB Antonio Cromartie on a short-term deal.
- Archer doesn’t see any chance of S LaRon Landry ending up in the Dallas next year.
- It’s Dan Graziano’s understanding that the Giants believe in TE Larry Donnell as a pass-catcher that they are likely to be move forward with him as their starter, rather than look for upgrades.
- Graziano doesn’t why the Giants would consider going out of their way to sign RB Ray Rice.
- On the topic of the Giants targeting OLB Brian Orakpo in free agent, Graziano doesn’t see him being a fit in the Giants 4-3 defense.
- Graziano suggests Eagles DE/OLB Brandon Graham, Bills DE Jerry Hughes, or Ravens OLB Pernell McPhee as better options if they lose DE Jason Pierre-Paul.
“He’ll have significant input on that,” Fisher said, via Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com. “As I mentioned, that most likely is going to happen. It’s not as much from the standpoint of challenging Sam; it’s to have options. We don’t know what that looks like right now. We don’t know if that’s draft, free agency or what that looks like. But, when we line up in September, we’ll have somebody there.”
Wagoner adds that as long as Bradford is healthy, he’ll almost certainly be the starter.
- John Keim writes that Robert Griffin III’s problems extend way behind the team’s offensive line issues.
- According to Keim, fixing the offensive line alone won’t fix RGIII‘s issues.
- Keim believes the Redskins should remain in the top-10 picks, rather than trade back.
- Keim mentions that upgrades on defense, specially at pass-rusher, nose tackle and in the secondary, are the team’s biggest needs.
- They could also use more help on the offensive line, according to Keim.
- Keim doesn’t have a good read on what their plans are for free agent OLB Brian Orakpo, but he doesn’t see them investing much in him.
- Guys who could be on the outs in Washington include: CB E.J. Biggers, WR Santana Moss, S Ryan Clark, and OL Tyler Polumbus.
- Keim can see Washington trying to keep QB Colt McCoy, TE Niles Paul, and RB Roy Helu.