- Jon Machota of The Athletic makes several predictions about the Cowboys this season, including CB Trevon Diggs leading the team in interceptions, QB Dak Prescott starting all 17 games, and RB Ezekiel Elliott rushing for over 1,200 yards.
- Machota also believes that the Cowboys will win at least nine games and have a chance to make it to the NFC Championship game with their current roster.
- Other predictions by Machota include DE DeMarcus Lawrence and DE Randy Gregory achieving double-digit sacks, while LB Micah Parsons wins Defensive Rookie of the Year.
- He also sees WR CeeDee Lamb leading the team in receiving yards as the Cowboys finish with the No. 1 scoring offense.
- However, When it comes to HC Mike McCarthy, Machota believes there is a chance that he doesn’t make it to the third year in Dallas.
“I really don’t want to speak for Daniel, but just knowing Daniel, it is what it is. He has an amazing work ethic,” Barkley said, via The Rich Eisen Show. “I think anyone in the facility can see that clear as day. He’s a guy that’s going to come into work and is a guy that’s going to lead you and is a guy that’s going to compete. So I think that’s his mindset, is come in and try to get one percent better every day and lead this team.”
Washington QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has been a journeyman during his illustrious NFL career and has been thrown into many situations that required confidence.
He is now trying to bring that confidence into Washington’s locker room to influence younger players, who he says bring a “youthful energy” to the team.
“For me, as my career has gone on, and just with the experience factor and trying to help guys gain confidence. My career has been a roller coaster, but I have never lost my confidence,” Fitzpatrick said, via NBCSportsWashington.com. “That’s why I’m still playing 17 years later, and that’s one of the lessons that I try to ooze confidence and hope it trickles down to those guys.”