Eagles rookie LB Davion Taylor didn’t grow up watching football but says that he emulates two linebackers from the NFC South in Deion Jones of the Falcons and Demario Davis of the Saints.
“I didn’t start watching it until college, and then when I did, there were certain linebackers that I would compare myself to, like (2017 Pro Bowl linebacker) Deion Jones from the Falcons, and I also like (2019 first-team All-Pro) Demario Davis from the Saints.” Taylor told Mike Kaye of NJ.com. “But those are just two linebackers that I did look up to while I was in college. I think we definitely compare, especially when it comes to Deion Jones from Atlanta, because we are both versatile players who can cover tight ends and running backs, and we can both stop the run. With Demario Davis, he’s such an aggressive player, and I feel like I’m very aggressive on the field, and when I make it to Philly, I just want to be even more aggressive and ultimately become better than both of them.”
- According to TMZ, the man accused of sucker punching Eagles TE Dallas Goedert in the face at a bar last month is officially pleading not guilty to the charges.
Adam Schefter said on Thursday’s SportsCenter that Washington’s ownership will not change, despite 15 female former employees accusing various staff members of sexual harassment from 2006-2019.
“Dan Snyder is going to own the team and that’s not gonna change,” Schefter said, via USA Today. “Obviously there is bad blood between those limited shareholders and Daniel Snyder. We all can see what’s going on here, how this is all shaking out.”
“It goes beyond that in this point in time,” Schefter added. “It goes to making fundamental changes that are required in our society, of things that are completely unacceptable that have gone on allegedly in their organization from these various individuals. This is up to the organization to clean this up.”
- Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that the NFL will consider disciplining Washington, but is not expected to force owner Daniel Snyder to sell the franchise.
- Maske says that the potential discipline could include a fine for Snyder.
- One source tells Maske when asked why the NFL didn’t take over the Washington investigation after previously taking over the investigation into former Panthers owner Jerry Richardson: “That was an owner, only about an owner. It didn’t make sense for a team to investigate its own owner. This, by all accounts, is centered on an organization.”
- Washington officially announced that they’ve hired Eric Stokes as director of pro scouting and Don Warren as a senior pro scout.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!