- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said WR Julio Jones will test his hamstring on the side with some running at practice today. However, if he doesn’t have the strength, they will go ahead and rule him out: ”He’s continuing to work through the strength in his hamstring. We’ll see what that looks like after he’ll do some running on the side today. … If he’s able to have good strength, then we can move forward. But if he doesn’t … then we won’t.” (Vaughn McClure)
- OUT for Week 5: S Jaylinn Hawkins (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 5: WR Julio Jones (hamstring)
Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports that the Lions have laid off a number of staffers on the business side of the operation.
The Lions issued the following statement regarding the moves:
“Consistent with organizational policy, we will not be issuing comment on internal business matters.”
- Panthers HC Matt Rhule says WR Keith Kirkwood is still working his way back from a broken collarbone and is practicing, but remains on injured reserve. (Joe Person)
- According to Rhule, LT Russell Okung is expected to play but they will have Greg Little and Trent Scott available if need be. (Myles Simmons)
- Rhule mentioned that Trenton Cannon and Alex Armah will serve as backups to RB Mike Davis in Week 5. (Joe Person)
- OUT for Week 5: CB Eli Apple (hamstring)
- According to Chris Tomasson, the Vikings are considering signing safety George Iloka to their 53-man roster.
- OUT for Week 5: WR K.J. Osborn (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 5: CB Kris Boyd (hamstring), CB Holton Hill (foot)