- Dan Graziano of ESPN seems to think Shane Vereen will have a big role for the Giants in his first year in New York.
- According to Graziano, Vereen will likely see time as the team’s third-down running back and in pass-protection situations.
- However, Rashad Jennings appears to be the guy who will handle first-down and second-down situations.
- Graziano singles out CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie as a player who will likely benefit from new DC Steve Spagnuolo’s system.
- Michael Rothstein mentions that no matter how the Lions’ defensive tackles play this season, they will need to address the position in next year’s draft because of free agency and the age of Haloti Ngata.
- Beyond that Rothstein considers wide receiver, running back, safety and linebacker to be other positions of need for them to address in the coming years.