“The one thing that really sticks out to me is the way B.A. is going to keep guys accountable. And that’s big,” Jensen said via JoeBucsFan.com. “You know, he’s got that personality that he wants to win and it’s the guys’ team, the players’ team. That’s how he approaches it, where he’s just a head coach but the culture he’s trying to set is that it’s the players’ team. And that comes with players keeping players accountable, and I think that’s going to be a big change this year for us.”
- According to the Athletic’s Greg Auman, Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians saying CB Vernon Hargreaves needs to get his “mind right for practice” wasn’t related to missing meetings or goofing around.
- Auman says Hargreaves is coming off a different injury than the shoulder injury that ended his 2018 season and Arians wants him to have the confidence to practice.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s D. Orlando Ledbetter, the Falcons undrafted free agents received the following signing bonuses:
- S Parker Baldwin: $2,500
- WR Shawn Bane: $1,500
- LB Yurik Bethune: $3,500
- CB Rashard Causey: $10,000
- OT Lanard Bonner: $2,000
- LB Tre’ Crawford: $15,000
- OT Devon Johnson: $6,000
- WR Kahlil Lewis: $2,500
- LB Durrant Miles: $7,000
- C Chandler Miller: $2,000
- LB Del’Shawn Phillips: $3,500
- OT Jaelin Robinson: $4,000
- CB Jayson Stanley: $3,000
- LS Kyle Vasey: $2,000
- WR C.J. Worton: $5,000
- WR Olamide Zaccheaus: $5,000
- According to the Athletic’s Joe Person, the Panthers will have an additional $7 million in cap space from the release of OT Matt Kalil after June 1 to go with their current $9.6 million.
- This provides plenty of room if the team wants to address the safety position after minicamp or during training camp, with Person highlighting S Tre Boston as a good potential fit.
- Person mentions former AAF WR Rashad Ross as the best candidate to make the team among the Panthers UDFA/AAF signings because of his speed and return skills.