- Although Matt Barrows could see the 49ers drafting Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson with the No. 9 overall pick, he does not think Nelson will make it past the Bears.
- Barrows writes that converting Jimmie Ward from free safety to cornerback would make sense if the 49ers decide to draft Alabama S Minkah Fitzpatrick in the first round.
- Regarding the possibility of signing a veteran tight end like Antonio Gates, Barrows thinks the team would rather play their options such as George Kittle and Cole Hikutini.
- The 49ers worked out second-round prospect Nevada OL Austin Corbett. (Matt Barrows)
- Mike Jurecki believes it’s almost a guarantee that the Cardinals will pick up LT D.J. Humphries‘ fifth-year option with the thought of working on a long-term extension in the coming months.
- Vincent Bonsignore gets the sense that the Rams are open to signing QB Sean Mannion beyond this year.
- However, Bonsignore adds that the Rams are also interested to see what Brandon Allen does this offseason and it’s at least possible they could draft a quarterback.
- Ian Rapoport reports that GM John Schneider and HC Pete Carroll were among key members of the Seahawks who spent yesterday at Arizona State privately working out Texas A&M WR Christian Kirk, ASU RB Kalen Ballage and Houston QB Kyle Allen.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times hears that Seahawks free agent CB Byron Maxwell was still weighing offers from NFL teams as of Tuesday.
- The Seahawks made the decision to sign CB Dontae Johnson to a contract Wednesday (NFLTR), so it’s possible that Seattle elected to make a move now and not wait on Maxwell.