49ers K Robbie Gould has missed the past three games with an injury. However, 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said he believes Gould could return in time for next week’s game against the 49ers.
“I think he’s real close,” Shanahan said via NBC Sports Jennifer Lee Chan. “Like I said last week, if it was probably another position he would have gone. I know Robbie wants to go, but we’re going to be smart with that and we’re going to make sure that he is 100 percent and I think he’s getting very close to there. I know he was close to that last week so we’ll see how he is here on Wednesday.”
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal writes that 49ers DE Arik Armstead maybe be playing too well for the team to keep after this season, as he’ll command a major deal in free agency.
- Rosenthal expects the 49ers to try to re-sign WR Emmanuel Sanders this offseason.
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Jadeveon Clowney‘s hip injury is “related” to a sports hernia but does not require surgery and is “looking forward” to playing in Week 13.
“We’ll see how the treatment took hold,” Carroll said, via Brady Henderson. “He feels pretty good today and … he’s passed along he’s looking forward to playing this week.”
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal says Clowney will almost assuredly sign a deal worth more than $20 million per year with someone following the 2019 season.
- Carroll believes DE Ezekiel Ansah, who’s spent most of this season rehabbing a shoulder injury, is “the strongest and heaviest he’s been since he’s been here,” and has turned a corner following a strong performance Sunday against the Eagles: “He just was more effective in all ways but he was more stout and just looks like he was just at a better level of the physical side of things and that’s great to see.” (Henderson)
- Carroll said Seahawks DT Jarran Reed re-aggravated his sprained ankle and will not determine his Week 13 status until later this week. (Henderson)
- Although Carroll said Seahawks FB Nick Bellore sustained a “legit quad strain,” his injury is not as severe as initially feared. (John Boyle)
- The Seahawks worked out TE Keenen Brown, TE C.J. Conrad, TE Wes Saxton (signed) and DB Jayson Stanley. (Aaron Wilson)