- Darren Urban of the official team website writes the two biggest decisions the Cardinals will have in free agency this year are whether to retain OT D.J. Humphries and RB Kenyan Drake and for how much.
- Urban also adds if Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald decides to return for another season, he’s guaranteed a spot in Arizona.
- Based on how they were deployed down the stretch, Drake is more likely to be back and in a leading role than Cardinals RB David Johnson. (Urban)
- Urban adds the Cardinals could target right tackle in free agency.
- The Cardinals hired former 49ers ST coordinator Derius Swinton as an assistant special teams coach. Swinton was an offensive assistant with the Lions in 2018. (Field Yates)
- According to NBC Sports’ Jennifer Lee Chan, 49ers WR Trent Taylor had his most recent surgery on his foot on January 2 and anticipates being ready for OTA’s.
- It’s Taylor’s fifth surgery for a Jones fracture he sustained in his foot during training camp that ultimately knocked him out the entire season after becoming irritated during rehab and later becoming infected.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times says it’s likely Seahawks DE Jadeveon Clowney hits free agency with Seattle getting the chance to match or slightly exceed whatever offer he gets.
- Seahawks DT Jarran Reed also has a good chance of hitting free agency, per Condotta.
- Condotta expects the Seahawks to look for more reliable pass rushers than DE Ezekiel Ansah in 2020.
- Both Seahawks OTs Germain Ifedi and George Fant are set to be free agents, but Condotta writes Seattle might not be able to afford Ifedi and Fant wants a chance to start in 2020.
- Condotta mentions that neither Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch nor HC Pete Carroll ruled out a return for Lynch in 2020.
- Condotta lists Seahawks G Mike Iupati, WR Jaron Brown, LB Mychal Kendricks, RB C.J. Prosise, S Akeem King, CB Neiko Thorpe, RB Robert Turbin, DE Dekoda Watson and QB Geno Smith as players who are questionable to be retained by Seattle.
- Seahawks C Joey Hunt revealed he played through a stress fracture in his fibula nearly the entire time he started, as well as a dislocated finger he continually had to put back into place during Sunday’s playoff game in Green Bay. (Joe Fann)
- He’s optimistic neither injury will require surgery.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!