Cardinals LB Devon Kennard was surprised when he was told the Lions had released him last week. But he didn’t have to wait long before landing a deal with his hometown team the Cardinals. Kennard grew up in Phoenix while his father played center for the team, so coming home was nice for both.
“My dad was super excited,” Kennard said via ArizonaSports.com’s Kevin Zimmerman. “The fact father and son being able to play for the same organization . . . to have that kind of opportunity and for it to be home, where my family lives, is really cool.”
- NJ.com’s Mike Kaye mentions the 49ers could swap WR Dante Pettis for Eagles CB Rasul Douglas, as Pettis is the type of low-cost flyer that Eagles GM Howie Roseman likes to make and Douglas would fit San Francisco’s scheme.
- According to Eduardo Encina of the Tampa Bay Times, Buccaneers DT Ndamukong Suh is still open to returning to Tampa Bay but has informed the team he has interest from other teams including the 49ers and Cowboys.
- 49ers signed DE Kerry Hyder. (NFLTR)
- 49ers re-signed ERFA TE Ross Dwelley. (NFLTR)
- Per ESPN’s Josina Anderson, WR Phillip Dorsett said he thought the one-year offer by the Seahawks, who are looking for a No. 3 WR for QB Russell Wilson, was the best fit for him headed into 2020: “Seattle felt like the best opportunity to be the player I know I can be as a WR. I spoke to Russell Wilson on face time while he was working out. Shows you his work ethic. That got me extra excited. I think overall it’s just t/ right for me.”
- Seahawks traded a fifth-round pick to the Redskins for CB Quinton Dunbar. (NFLTR)
- Seahawks signed WR Phillip Dorsett. (NFLTR)