- Adam Schefter reports that Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson met Tuesday for 30 minutes with Cardinals president Michael Bidwill and discussed ways for the team to get better and for Peterson to be a leader.
- Schefter says that Peterson received assurances from ownership about winning.
- Peterson was asked about his decision to request a trade to which he explained: “At the end of the day, I’m here. I’m an Arizona Cardinal. . . . My teammates know I fight for those guys each and every day I step on the field. There’s a reason I have that ‘C’ on my chest, and I want to lead by example.” (Pro Football Talk)
- Regarding his talk with Bidwell, Peterson said: “I think we definitely have a clear understanding and I have two years left under my contract, so I’m here.” (Josh Weinfuss)
- Rams HC Sean McVay said Wednesday that WR Cooper Kupp (knee) is doubtful for Week 8’s game against the Packers.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said he anticipates LB K.J. Wright and TE Ed Dickson playing on Sunday. (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, DE Dion Jordan is the best he’s been in a while with knee getting some much-needed rest during their bye.
- Carroll mentioned that he has not gotten any word from the NFL regarding LB Mychal Kendricks. Carroll was hoping to know more by Tuesday after Kendricks had a hearing on Monday. (Brady Henderson)
- Carroll confirmed that they’ve discussed an extension for DE Frank Clark extension and added that talks are “ongoing.” (Bob Condotta)