- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson has returned from his suspension. On Wednesday, he was asked about his future in Arizona: “I have a contract with the Cardinals for these 10 games and next season. Whatever happens after that is pretty much out of my control. I’m here preparing for the Giants and the other 9 games on the schedule. I’m just happy to be back to help my guys.” (Darren Urban)
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said injured reserve CB Robert Alford (leg) and PUP list OL Max Garcia (knee) are “making progress” with their injuries. (Darren Urban)
- Kinsbury added that Garcia is “further along” with his recovery, while Alford may not be able to play this season.
- According to Kingsbury, Cardinals WR Christian Kirk is still dealing with an ankle injury and will not play until he is fully recovered. (Bob McManaman)
“Big, big day for me,” Ramsey said, via ESPN.com. “I’m currently just walking outside right now, I’m filled with joy, I’m overjoyed right now. God is the greatest, God makes no mistakes at all. No mistakes at all. I’ve been so blessed.”
Ramsey did say that he was “blessed” to be drafted by the Jaguars, but he’s looking forward to his next chapter.
“I was so blessed to be drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars,” Ramsey said. “But now I’ve got a new chapter starter in my life, going out to LA and going to be a part of the LA Rams.”
Ramsey added that he’s excited to play in Wade Phillips‘ defensive system.
“Excited to be a part of that defense,” Ramsey said. “Coach Wade Phillips, coach Sean McVay, coach Aubrey Pleasant, and I’m excited to get out there and do my thing for the LA Rams and show them that they’ve got the best corner in the whole NFL for years and years to come.”
- Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk reports that the Rams did not have a deal in place to acquire Jalen Ramsey initially after trading Marcus Peters to the Ravens.
- Florio adds that the Rams “increased their pursuit” of Ramsey shortly after dealing Peters to Baltimore.
- As for teams that were interested in Ramsey, Florio reports that “six teams” inquired about the cornerback and were “checking in periodically.”
- Rams GM Les Snead mentioned their recent trades won’t leave them with many more options to pursue leading up to the deadline: “There’s not a lot more we can probably do but I think when you get a reputation that you’re willing to make moves people do make cold calls, right? So there are some interesting ideas being floated. You always have to assess those.” (Gary Klein)
- Rams HC Sean McVay said that intend for Ramsey to play Sunday. (Omar Ruiz)
- Rams OL David Edwards will take over at left guard. (Vincent Bonsignore)
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said he wishes that Earl Thomas was still with Seattle.
“I wished he could play forever for us. Earl was a great Seahawk. It’s sad whenever out guys leave. There’s definitely a connection,” said Carroll, via Jamison Hensley.