- Bucky Brooks of NFL.com takes a look at the five teams to watch for a potential Earl Thomas trade including the Cowboys, Chargers, 49ers, Buccaneers and Bengals.
- Regarding the Cowboys, Brooks writes the marriage between the two looks like a match made in heaven, given Thomas’ relationship with Kris Richard.
- We have Thomas featured in our Top 25 – 2019 NFL Free Agents list.
- According to Bob McManamon of Arizona Republic, there is a “chance” that Cardinals RB David Johnson, who is entering the final year of his rookie contract, will not report on time to the team’s training camp in order to gain leverage in extension talks.
- McManamon notes that any leverage gained Johnson has would run out if he does not attend camp by August 7, which is the deadline for players under contract to report in order to earn an accrued season for free agency.
- Darren Urban of Cardinals.com believes that this year is “critical” for former first-round DL Robert Nkemdiche given it is his third season in the league.
- Regarding the starting cornerback role opposite of Patrick Peterson, Urban writes that Jamar Taylor is the “probable choice” after being acquired in a trade, while Bené Benwikere and Brandon Williams also have a chance to secure the job.
- Urban says that DE Markus Golden (ACL) and Jermaine Gresham (Achilles) are “probable” to start training camp on the PUP list.
- Urban calls second-year S Budda Baker a “potential star” and expects him to see time as a slot cornerback and roaming defensive back.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!