According to Cole, Brown believes he should be being paid in the $13 million to $15 million range.
Pittsburgh has him under contract through the 2017 season, but they are reportedly “quietly listening” to his requests for a new deal.
Cole adds that if the Steelers were to sign him to a new deal, they would likely attempt to sign him to a contract that would keep in him Pittsburgh for the remainder of his career.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Ravens first-round WR Bershad Perriman is undergoing an MRI on his knee Monday.
- Cole mentions that if Perriman is to miss time, he would likely be replaced by Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown.
- Ravens S Will Hill has reportedly showed so much during his time in Baltimore that the team believes he could be a star safety.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters that backup QB Tarvaris Jackson has a high-ankle sprain. (John Boyle)
- Carroll added that they will likely bring in some quarterbacks for tryouts in the coming days, but B.J. Daniels will get some work at quarterback for the time being. (John Boyle)
- Carroll also said that WR Paul Richardson is ahead of schedule, but he’s still unlikely to be back for the start of the season. (Bob Condotta)
- Paul Kuharsky expects two of RB Antonio Andrews, WR Tre McBride, TE Phillip Supernaw, TE Chase Coffman, and WR Jacoby Ford to make the Titans’ 53-man roster.
- According to Kuharsky, Tennessee will most likely “find a way to keep” seventh-round WR Tre McBride.