- Bears signed TE Kevin Greene.
- Bears waived/injured TE Brian Vogler.
- Colts HC Jim Irsay told reporters that he expects OLB Robert Mathis (Achilles) to be back in either late September or early October. (Albert Breer)
- ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that there’s “frustration” within the Cowboys over the injury absence of Darren McFadden and the effect it’s having on the other running back’s workload.
- Backup running back Lance Dunbar sustained an ankle injury on Wednesday, but it’s not believed to be serious at this point in time. (Todd Archer)
“I think he is progressing well,” Payton said, via the New Orleans Advocate. “I think sooner than later we are going to get a chance to see him and at the same time we are going to be smart.”