- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said that it’s still unknown whether WR Vincent Jackson suffered a completely torn ACL. Jackson has another MRI coming soon but the Bucs plan to start Cecil Shorts in his place. (Alex Marvez)
- Koetter also mentioned that he isn’t sure when RB Doug Martin (hamstring) will return after his latest setback. (Alex Marvez)
- Connor Hughes of NJ.com takes a look at a few players the Jets could consider making available for trade ahead of this year’s deadline.
- Among the players to watch, according to Hughes, is veteran LB David Harris, who could have some value to a contending team.
- Hughes also lists DE Sheldon Richardson and CB Buster Skrine as others worthy of fielding calls for.
- Although Michael Rothstein of ESPN does not think LB DeAndre Levy‘s quadriceps injury will prevent him from being a productive player, Levy could not provide a timetable for his recovery to Rothstein when speaking to him last week.
- Levy added that he is hopeful to return this season, while Rothstein also anticipates him to return at some point.
- Ben Volin writes that after hearing Patriots HC Bill Belichick offer some glowing comments regarding S Duron Harmon on Friday, it appears as though there’s a chance New England could try to get a long-term deal in place with him.