- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said OLB Dee Ford is dealing with knee tendinitis, but he’s still confident that Ford will be fine and ready for the start of training camp. (Terez A. Paylor)
- In regards to OLB Justin Houston, Reid said: “There’s no timetable. When he’s ready, he’s ready.” Reid added that they’re still optimistic Houston will return this year. (Herbie Teope)
- Reid said that Steve Nelson has earned the nickel spot right now while noting that Phillip Gaines has been working on the the outside along with Marcus Peters. (BJ Kissel)
- According to Reid, WR Kenny Cook suffered a torn quad and underwent surgery on Thursday. (Herbie Teope)
- The Packers announced Thursday that they’ve promoted Jon-Eric Sullivan to director of college scouting and hired Charlie Peprah as a scouting assistant.
Ravens OLB Terrell Suggs released a statement on Thursday about his recovery from an Achilles tear.
“I know there are many questions about where I am with my injury. While I respect the media’s right to ask, I hope everyone can respect that I am 100 percent focused on rehabbing and preparing to the best player I can be at the start of the season. I will address all of those questions during training camp.”
- Ravens QB Joe Flacco (ACL) expects to be ready for the “first day” of training camp. (Jamison Hensley)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said Suggs is “looking good” in recovery from an Achilles tear. Harbaugh believes Suggs has a chance of being ready for training camp and regular season, but added that there are no guarantees. (Jamison Hensley)
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell admitted that he actually had tears to his MCL and PCL last year. (Jeremy Fowler)
- Bell mentioned that he wants to be full recovered before considering a long-term contract with Steelers. (Jeremy Fowler)
- Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey revealed he underwent seven total procedures as a result of the broken left-fibula he sustained during the 2015 preseason. (Jeremy Fowler)
- Pouncey said he had multiple surgeries along with a few “clean-outs” to correct a staph infection and E. coli infection he suffered when his surgical wound failed to heal properly. (Jeremy Fowler)