- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones mentioned during an interview with 105.3 The Fan in Dallas Tuesday that they will likely have Tony Romo and Matt Cassel as the only active quarterbacks. (Todd Archer)
- This means Brandon Weeden is likely to be team’s No. 3 quarterback moving forward.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Falcons worked out cornerbacks Marc Anthony, Keon Lyn and T.J. Heath (signed) on Monday.
- Jeff Darlington reports that Jaguars WR Allen Hurns is back from his visit with a core specialist in Philadelphia, and all signs still point toward him playing Thursday.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Saints worked out RB Vick Ballard, RB Bronson Hill, DE Phillip Hunt and LB Brad Jones.
Texans HC Bill O’Brien refuted a report from over the weekend that he has interest in the University of Maryland head-coaching job.
“Again, these things get thrown out here by the media, and I will not respond to those things,” O’Brien said, via the Houston Chronicle. “I know you have to ask that and it’s not directed at you, but anyone can say anything. They can just throw it out there and say anything. All I know is that I’m head coach of the Houston Texans and we just had a great win. And I’m damn proud to be the head coach of the Houston Texans.”