- Sources tell Lance Zierlein of NFL.com that Florida LB Dante Fowler Jr. will end up being better in the pros.
- Scouts still aren’t sure what position is best for Washington’s Shaq Thompson.
“He was 219 pounds when I visited late in the season,” Zierlein’s source said of Thompson. “I’m concerned about whether he will be able to keep enough weight on to be a 4-3 WILL. Until I see him actually play deep as a safety, I’m not sure that is a projection I’m comfortable making.“
- An NFC East scout believes Clemson LB Vic Beasley would be better suited as a Will or SAM linebacker, than as a 3-4 edge rusher.
- An NFC East regional scout referred to Kentucky LB Bud Dupree as a “pure see ’em, get ’em 3-4 rush end.”
- Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area writes that the franchise tag “does not appear to be a realistic option” for RB Frank Gore, WR Michael Crabtree, or G Mike Iupati.
- Sheil Kapadia of PhillyMag.com writes that the Eagles should consider signing ILB Mychal Kendricks to a contract extension this offseason.
- Kapadia wouldn’t be surprised to see the Eagles address the inside linebacker position in the early rounds of the draft.
- New Raiders HC Jack Del Rio told reporters that Latavius Murray‘s size and speed makes him “candidate” to be the team’s No. 1 running back next year. (Vic Tafur)
- Del Rio did say that Murray still needs to work on his awareness and football IQ.
- Del Rio added that he still believes veteran RB Maurice Jones-Drew still has something left to offer, but they’ll have to figure out just how much. (Vic Tafur)
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN takes a look at some notable free agents that the Titans should avoid this offseason.
- Kuharsky rules out the need for a tight end such as Julius Thomas of the Broncos, based on the play of Delanie Walker and their other roster needs.
- Bills DE/OLB Jerry Hughes may not be a fit based on the fact that most of success as come as a 4-3 defensive end and the Titans employ a 3-4 base defense.
- Kuharsky also lists Eagles OLB Brandon Graham and Panthers DE Greg Hardy as other players worth passing on for Tennessee.