Home Cowboys NFL Notes: Draft, Cowboys, Falcons, Jets, Steelers
- Michigan State DE Shilique Calhoun says he’s returning to school next year. (Matt Charboneau)
- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen points out that the Falcons previously offered their head-coaching job to Jason Garrett, who will be free agent when Dallas season ends.
- Mortensen adds that multiple Cowboys assistant coaches will be free agents in the coming weeks as well.
- Jason La Canfora mentions that there has been a great deal of talk in league circles that Rex Ryan has had the most interest from the Falcons.
- According to La Canfora, many are surprised to hear that he’s taking the Bills’ job.
- La Canfora reports that Falcons owner Arthur Blank was “very much” interested in hiring Ryan.
- La Canfora considered the Bills position to be the least attractive as they have no quarterback or first-round pick.
- Chris Mortensen reports that the Jets have voiced concerns to the NFL regarding Seahawks DC Dan Quinn being represented by new Dolphins VP of football operations Mike Tannenbaum.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the belief is that Steelers DC Dick LeBeau wanted to go out with veterans like CB Ike Taylor and S Troy Polamalu, who are not expected to be back next year.
- Rapoport reports that LeBeau’s announcement caught the Steelers by surprise.
- Pittsburgh will promote LBs coach Keith Butler to defensive coordinator.