ESPN’s Adam Caplan (insider) takes a look at a number of general manager candidates who could generate interest once the 2014 season has concluded.
According to Caplan, the top-six candidates include:
- Eagles Vice President of player personnel Tom Gamble
- Chiefs Director of player personnel Chris Ballard
- Patriots Director of player personnel Nick Caserio
- Chargers Director of player personnel JoJo Wooden
- Vikings Assistant general manager George Paton
- Buccaneers Director of player personnel Jon Robinson
Caplan discusses other options including some candidates to keep an eye on in the coming years. I certainly recommend giving it a read if you’re interested.
Albert Breer complied a list of potential candidates as well.
- Despite some question about his status for Week 15, HC Mike McCarthy said that RB Eddie Lacy is getting better and is probable for Sunday’s game against the Bills. (Rob Demovsky)
- Albert Breer of NFL Media writes that CB Darrelle Revis could command a salary of $16 million per year on the open market.
- The Patriots will also need to save some room for S Devin McCourty as he too could cash in on the team’s defensive success, according to Breer.