- According to Ian Rapoport, Jay Cutler had been mulling retirement since December of last year and he’s not ready to walk away from the NFL.
- Rapoport spoke with some friends of Cutler who are “psyched for us to see him like they do.“
- In case you missed it, Cutler has agreed to join FOX Sports as a broadcaster for the 2017 season. (NFLTR)
- During an interview with ESPN 1000, Cutler said that his move to FOX is “permanent.” (Adam Jahns)
- Cutler did, however, admit there’s going to be some regret about his decision: “Zero doubt in my mind there’s going to be some regret.” (Mike Garafolo)
Former Oregon Duck and Packers TE Colt Lyerla escaped from Washington County custody and a warrant has since been issued for his arrest, according to the Oregonian.
Lyerla was just two months into his six-month sentence for drug possession when he was able to escape the Washington County Community Correction Center on Thursday.
Workers reportedly found an open window and an escape in progress. The facility was able to account for all residents except for Lyerla.
Lyerla was found him guilty in February of possessing heroin. He’s now facing felony second-degree escape charge.
Raiders HC Jack Del Rio mentioned during an appearance on NFL Network that they still need to add more talent at middle linebacker.
“I don’t know that we’ve adequately addressed our middle linebacker position, to be honest,” Del Rio said, via CSN Bay Area. “I think we have some work to do there. The rest of our roster is pretty well situated, but we’ll be looking for a linebacker and we’ll continue to look, whether it’s the waiver wire, trades or available guys out there, veterans on the street. We’ll continue to look.
“The guys that are here, we’re going to develop and grow and hope we can take them to a higher level.”
- Alden Gonzalez reports that Rams WR Tavon Austin underwent wrist surgery on Thursday to repair ligament damage to his left wrist.
- Austin is now expected to be sidelined for organized team activities but should have him ready for the start of training camp.