- Mike Freeman of B/R spoke with “several” team Sunday morning about QB Johnny Manziel‘s subpar performance during Saturday’s game and there’s reportedly some level of interest from NFL teams.
- In fact, NFL executives told Freeman that they believe Manziel’s potential is “off the charts.”
- According to Manish Mehta, Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield is scheduled to visit with the Giants Sunday and into Monday.
- From there, Mehta says that Mayfield will head to Florham Park to meet with the Jets later on Monday and into Tuesday.
- According to Matt Miller, there’s a “growing sense” around the NFL that offensive tackles Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey and Kolton Miller are “locks” to be first-round picks.
- Regarding UCF CB Mike Hughes, Miller says that even though he has special tape, he keeps hearing is that Hughes will probably the fourth or fifth cornerback drafted due to some off-the-field concerns. Miller adds that Denzel Ward, Jaire Alexander and Josh Jackson likely ahead of Hughes.
- As for the linebacker position, Miller mentions that there are four expected to come off the board in round one including Tremaine Edmunds, Roquan Smith, Leighton Vander Esch and Rashaan Evans. Miller says that scouts believe Edmunds has really separated himself from the pack and should end up being a top-10 pick.
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets will host Wyoming QB Josh Allen for a pre-draft visit after privately working him out last week.
- Limestone College WR Vyncint Smith has a pre-draft visit scheduled with the Jets for Monday. (Manish Mehta)