“There is a cynical point of view out there that the Browns floated the story of interest in Gordon to promote more activity,” Grossi writes. “That they are looking to cut their losses and get something for him before he self-destructs again.”
Grossi can’t see any reason outside of the Browns being concerned about Gordon remaining clean to even consider the idea of making him available for trade. On top of that, it’s hard to say that any team would be willing to offer a decent draft pick in return for a guy who’s one suspension away from an indefinite suspension.
Mike Jurecki of Fox Sports 910 offers his latest 53-man roster projection for the Arizona Cardinals.
- Jurecki has the Cardinals keeping just two quarterbacks, which leaves Matt Barkley on the outs in Arizona.
- Other notable roster cuts for the Cardinals include: DL Red Bryant, OLB Shaq Riddick, ILB Donald Butler and CB Alan Ball.
- Jurecki confirms that the Cardinals are, in fact, interested in veteran CB Keenan Lewis if he can pass a physical.
- According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, the new three-year extension signed by the Steelers LB Vince Williams raises questions about veteran ILB Lawrence Timmons and his future with the team.
- Fowler mentions that Pittsburgh will shut down contract negotiations with Timmons once the season begins, which gives them just a few weeks to work out an agreement.
- One factor that could work against Timmons is the fact that the Steelers appear to be placing an emphasis on speed at linebacker.
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey told reporters on Tuesday that 2015 third-round pick, OL Jeremiah Poutasi will have to play better in order for him to even be in contention for a starting job.
- Paul Kuharsky adds that depending on the time the team is willing to give Poutasi to develop, he could be on the roster bubble in the coming weeks.