Leighton Vander Esch
- According to Tony Pauline, Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch has been “crushing” interviews and impressing people at the Combine.
- Pauline adds that the Packers are “very high” on Vander Esch and it’s unlikely he’ll get past the Steelers in round one.
- The Eagles would reportedly love to get Vander Esch with the last pick of the first round but have come to the conclusion he won’t be available to them.
- Tony Pauline reports that the Lions, Texans and Patriots top the list of teams interested in ASU LB Christian Sam.
- Sources have told Pauline that the Seahawks are looking to trade out of the first round again to acquire some more top-100 picks.
- Pauline lists the Jets, Panthers, 49ers and Cowboys as teams currently interested in Florida State DE Josh Sweat.
- Sources have told Pauline that the Jets and Lions have shown a lot of interest in Delaware DT Bilal Nichols.
- Florida State S Derwin James had a formal interview with the Packers while at the combine. James added that he’s been discussed as being versatile on the back end of their defense. (Ryan Wood)
- The Jaguars had a formal meeting with Marshall QB Chase Litton at the Combine. (Mike Kaye)
- The Patriots had informal meetings with Texas Tech WR Keke Coutee and Middle Tennessee WR Richie James at the Combine. (Zack Cox)
- According to Peter King, the Dolphins are “looking hard” at quarterbacks and several sources he’s spoken to believe Miami will take a quarterback in round one.
- Before the Senior Bowl, the Dolphins had dinner with Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield and his camp believes they’re a strong contender to draft him.