Albert Breer reports that Tuesday’s owners meeting is really about the Inglewood and Carson projects. According to Breer, Inglewood is currently ahead and ready to break ground in December if given a green light.
St. Louis, Oakland and San Diego are still expected to have an audience with the owners again in October, but they aren’t involved in this meeting, per Breer.
Breer mentions that a leader to relocate to Los Angeles could emerge today, but the NFL still wants to keep things competitive, and keep all parties pushing to get the project completed.
Rams owner Stan Kroenke has reportedly been seen working the room at recent NFL events, but Chargers owner Dean Spanos has support, according to Breer.
- Pro Football Talk mentions that it would be a mistake to underestimate the influence of former NFL executive Carmen Policy on owners.
- PFT adds that Policy is pushing for the Carson stadium project that could host both the Raiders and Chargers.
- Albert Breer tweets that there is clearly politics in play in regards to Los Angeles and Chargers owner Dean Spanos is aligned with Policy, which may leave Rams owner Stan Kroenke with ground to make up.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Bills are working out rookie CB Garry Peters on Tuesday.
- Colts signed G Kitt O’Brien.
- Colts waived G Dionte Savage.
- Rob Demovsky of ESPN writes that time could already be running out for 2014 third-round DT Khyri Thornton and fourth-round LB Carl Bradford.
- Packers OLB Mike Neal passed his physical and has been cleared to practice. (Aaron Wilson)
- Patriots DT Alan Branch and WR Matt Slater have passed their physicals and are cleared to practice. (Aaron Wilson)