- Jason Cole of B/R reports, citing two sources close to free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, reports that there’s no end in sight to situation between him and the Jets.
- Cole says that this could very well spill over into training camp, as Fitzpatrick believes the Jets will eventually give in, considering that they elected to lock up DL Muhammad Wilkerson right before last week’s deadline.
- As of now, Fitzpatrick hasn’t been in contact with the Jets, but Cole mentions that things could pick up after this weekend.
- Rob Demovsky of ESPN writes that the Packers are “holding their collective breath” that RB Eddie Lacy did not regress in regards to his condition during the break.
- According to Demovsky, Lacy has been working with trainer Tony Horton in recent weeks, so that’s an encouraging sign.
- In regards to the fullback position, Demovsky mentions that it appears as though the Packers have moved on from veteran John Kuhn, which means Aaron Ripkowski would be their starter in 2016.
- Demovsky adds that the Packers’ No. 3 running back job appears to be wide open with John Crockett, Don Jackson, Brandon Burks and Brandon Ross all in the mix.