- According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the sideline tirade from Steelers WR Antonio Brown wasn’t solely due to football.
- La Canfora reports that Brown Brown has been at odds with QB Ben Roethlisberger since their decision to remain in the tunnel for the national anthem a few weeks ago.
- Roethlisberger reportedly spearheaded a decision to reverse course and have the players remain in the tunnel rather than remain on the sidelines as some intended. La Canfora says that Brown expressed his displeasure with how Roethlisberger and others handled the matter, and there was some lingering resentment through the week.
- In fact, sources tell La Canfora that Brown took it personally that Big Ben didn’t throw to him early on in the game when he was open for a touchdown, which led to the sideline blow-up.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Seahawks are treating Eddie Lacy as the starter this week with Chris Carson out for the season.
- Thomas Rawls figures to be in the mix as well, but it sounds like Seattle wants to see what Lacy can do for them this week.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!