Former Panthers and Ravens WR Steve Smith has signed a multi-year deal with the NFL Network and will be featured during the network’s Super Bowl coverage.
“I was blessed to have a long and productive playing career on the field but now it’s time to turn my attention to the business of covering the game and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be joining the team at NFL Network,” said Smith. “As the only network with a 100% focus on the sport I love, I was drawn to NFL Network and look forward to joining a team made up of many legends of the game.”
- Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports that the 49ers will not be retaining Mark Uyeyama, who worked on the team’s strength and conditioning staff for the past nine years.
- The Buffalo Bills announced that they’ve hired five new coaches including: Phil McGeoghan (WRs coach), John Egorugwu (defensive quality control coach), Marc Lubick (offensive quality control/assistant QBs coach), Matt Smiley (assistant special teams coach) and Bill Teerlinck (assistant defensive line coach).
- A report surfaced Thursday that Cardinals ILB Daryl Washington is expected to be reinstated by the NFL in March and Arizona would like him back.
- However, league sources tell Kent Somers that this is news to both the Cardinals and the NFL with one source saying: “Highly doubt it.”
- Alex Marvez reports that Shane Waldron is leaving the Redskins’ coaching staff to become the Rams’ new TEs coach.