On Tuesday, Florida WR Antonio Callaway confirmed via his agent, Malki Kawa, that his drug test sample at the NFL Combine came back diluted. Callaway reportedly told those close to him that he over-hydrated and plans to address this issue with teams
Callaway tells Ian Rapoport that he smoked weeks before his drug test at the Combine and he takes full responsibility for the situation.
“I take full responsibility for everything,” Callaway said. “There is too much opportunity to be messing up.”
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Colorado CB Isaiah Oliver could end up being a first-rond pick if UCF C Mike Hughes falls due to off-the-field concerns.
- Rapoport lists the Seahawks and Falcons as two teams with interest in Oliver.
- Matt Miller of B/R hears that Arkansas C Frank Ragnow may be selected by the Bengals or Bills if they do not trade up from their respective picks at No. 21 and No. 22 overall.
- According to Miller, the latest buzz around the league is that Florida State S Derwin James will be a top-10 pick, Ragnow will be drafted in the first round, and Michigan DT Maurice Hurst will be a third-day pick.
- Dane Brugler does not expect the Cowboys to pass on Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch if he is available to them at No. 19 overall, but there is a “good chance” he gets selected before then.
- SMU DE Justin Lawler visited with the Rams, Buccaneers, and Saints and also took part in the Cowboys’ local prospect day. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Rams sent members of their coaching staff to meet with Sam Houston State DL P.J. Hall on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Minnesota OL Garrison Wright is drawing interest from the Jets, Cardinals, Texans, Browns, and Jaguars. (Darren Wolfson)