- Tom Withers of the Associated Press writes that the Browns are expected to release QB Johnny Manziel as early as Wednesday.
- According to Withers, there’s still a chance that the Browns could hold out to see if another team is willing to trade a late conditional draft pick for Manziel.
- However, Withers admits that it seems like Cleveland could get anything in return for him after all the issues he’s been involved in.
- Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports is the latest to report that the Dolphins could remove the transition tag from DE Olivier Vernon in the coming days.
- Robinson’s source mentioned that the Dolphins’ planned to remove the tag if the signed a defensive end and reached an agreement on a contract extension with DE Cameron Wake.
- As of now, Miami is reportedly in talks with Wake, but there’s also a “significant impasse” with Wake, which could prevent them from removing the tag from Vernon.