There has been a good amount of movement in this years tumultuous free agency period but there still great players to had. Here’s a look at the top ten remaining free agents as of 5pm Thursday.
1. CB Nnamdi Asomugha
- There’s no doubt that he is and has been the best available free agent in this years group. Asomugha is essentially holding up the entire market for cornerbacks considering that agents are not going to want to have their players sign until they know what the best player is worth.
Rumored Options: Jets, Texans, 49ers, Eagles and possibly the Cowboys
CB Jonathan Joseph
- As we’ve already stated above, don’t expect to see Joseph sign until after Nnamdi does. With that said he is a great alternative option to Asomugha and is three years younger (27). The Detroit Lions, Houston Texans and the Cincinnati Bengals have been rumored to be pursuing him but the market will almost certainly pick once Asomugha is off the board.
Rumored Options: Bengals, Lions, Texans
3. DE Ray Edwards
- Edwards is an interesting player because he’s coming off of back to back decent season for the Vikings but has yet to have over 8.5 sacks in his five year career. He’ll be 27 in January so he has some of his productive years ahead of him. The issue is that the Carolina Panthers through $72 million at Charles Johnson so he’ll most likely be looking for a deal that relatively close to that price tag.
Eagles, Falcons, Vikings, Browns
4. LB Stephen Tulloch
- Tulloch represents the best available option at middle-linebacker and has been drawing interest from the Detroit Lions in recent days (reportedly $10 million in guarantees). He’s basically made it known that he’s shopping around so the Titans seem like a longshot as of right now.
Rumored Options: Lions, Titans , Eagles
5. DT Brandon Mebane
- Mebane is another player that could be holding up the market for his position as he’s drawn interest from a good number of teams so far. Of the available options remaining, Mebane is certainly the best defensive tackle option and should fit well in a 4-3 scheme. ESPN’s John Clayton keeps mentioning that the Seahawks are trying vigorously to re-sign him but adds that the Broncos are also considering him as well.
Rumored Options: Seahawks, Broncos, Bears, Titans, Colts, Rams, Eagles
6. RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Once DeAngelo Williams re-upped with the Panthers all the attention from teams in need of a RB turned to Bradshaw. The only problem is that there are only a couple team that are in need of a legitimate No. 1 back. It’s basically down to the Dolphins and Giants but the acquisition of Reggie Bush will almost certainly remove Miami from the picture. Bradshaw may be holding out to get the Giants to increase their offer but they’re essentially bidding against themselves for the time being.
Rumored Options: Giants, Dolphins
7. DT Cullen Jenkins
- Cullen Jenkins was a pretty popular name heading into free agency and there seems to be a number of teams interested in him as of now. Jenkins is a versitle defensive lineman that proven to be effective in both a 3-4 and 4-3 scheme which is why so many teams had interest in him. Injuries are a concern but he played through injury during the Packers Super Bowl run last season.
Rumored Options: Cowboys, Redskins, Bears, Packers
8. CB Antonio Cromartie
- Cromartie proved that he can be a legitimate No. 1 cornerback for team last season when he filled in while Darrell Revis was out with a hamstring injury. There’s little doubt that he’s going to be shopping for the best deal he can get on the open market. Once again he will be another domino to fall once Nnamdi is taken care of. New York appears to actively trying to land the top cornerback option (Nnamdi Asomugha) so Cromartie remains a contingency option at best for them.
Rumored Options: Raiders, Jets, Ravens, Texans, Lions, Cowboys
9. WR Braylon Edwards
- Edwards has dealt with some legal issues of late which doesn’t help his value considering that he’s had off the field issues in the past but he is a good wideout that can be a great option in the redzone. New York appears to have moved on but there will be a number of teams that have interest in the 28 year old receiver.
Rumored Options: Vikings, Redskins, Bears, Jets
10. TE Zach Miller
- The free agent market for Zach Miller has been relatively slow so far as he’s remains by far the best tight end available. Oakland has held out hope that they would be able to re-sign him but they are very close to the cap. His value may be more to the Raiders than any other team but interest should still pick up at some point. After all, the guy is only 25.
Rumored Options: Raiders, Browns