Super Bowl 50
- The Wall Street Journal reports that the halftime show for Super Bowl 50 will play performed by Coldplay.
Jones mentioned earlier in th week that they had Manziel as of one of the top players on their draft board a few years ago, but he persuaded not to select him.
Taylor mentions that “there’s no tangible evidence Johnny Manziel can be a good NFL quarterback” and playing in Dallas likely wouldn’t be good for the young quarterback, given that he played at Texas A&M and has off-the-field issues in the state.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said of CB Darrelly Revis playing Sunday: “I don’t think so. He didn’t do anything today, so it’s more than likely he won’t play.“
- C Nick Mangold, WR Brandon Marshall, S Dion Bailey, and OLB Calvin Pace were limited during Thursday’s practice.
- Bowles said that rookie DL Leonard Williams will likely be a game-time decision, but he’s optimistic Pace plays.
- Albert Breer reported this morning that WR Calvin Johnson and K Matt Prater are expected to play in tonight’s game.
- However, there’s more doubt regaridng S Glover Quin.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Packers rookie Jake Ryan will either start or have a more prominent role at inside linebacker ahead of Nate Palmer.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger practiced in full on Thursday for second consecutive day and appears set to start Sunday’s game. (Mark Kaboly)