- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes that Broncos DE Malik Jackson could end up being the “top prize” available in free agency. However, his reported asking price of around $12 million per year could be too much for the Bears.
- Biggs suggests Browns S Tashaun Gipson as someone who could make sense for the Bears.
- Another player who could get some consideration from the Bears, according to Biggs, is Patriots DL Akiem Hicks.
Cardinals GM Steve Keim said that WR Michael Floyd is a “guy we’ll look at addressing” with a new contract, but nothing is considered imminent as of now.
“Mike has made tremendous strides, particularly this past year, not only from a skill-set standpoint but from a maturity standpoint,” Keim said, via AzCardinals.com. “His work ethic, his passion for the game, I think he took it to another level.”
“There is a concern from the standpoint where you get to a point with your roster where you get comfortable, but I don’t know if it’s bad to get out of your comfort zone a little bit and try and get better in certain areas,” Keim said. “The things we like about those two players, they are smart, they are instinctive, they are good teammates. But at the same time I have a lot of faith and trust in our scouting department that if we had to replace them we could find guys that are talented players with whom we can improve.”
Falcons HC Dan Quinn told reporters on Wednesday that they’ve yet to make any determination regarding WR Roddy White‘s status with the team.
“He’s someone we certainly have such respect and admiration for as we are building this team together,” Quinn said, via AtlantaFalcons.com. “We aren’t into that decision yet and when we do, regarding the team building processes, we’ll fill you in.”
“I do,” Quinn said, via Vaughn McClure of ESPN. “Here are some of the things that stand out for those two guys: relentless competitors, both of them. They embody the attitude that we like.”
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News writes that the Jets likely have no other choice right now but to franchise DE Muhammad Wilkerson.
- Mehta adds that the Jets will likely shop Wilkerson in a tag-and-trade scenario over the next few months and leading up this year’s draft.
- On Wednesday, Jets GM Mike Maccagnan said that they could also use the tag on DT Damon Harrison, but Mehta doesn’t see this as the smartest move for New York.