NFL Rumors: Quarterbacks, Draft, Chargers, & Saints
- According to Robert Klemko, the teams who worked out the most quarterback prospects this year include: Cowboys (11), Bears (10), Texans (9), Chargers (8), 49ers (8), and Jets (8).
- According to Peter Schrager, the Cowboys aren’t the only team drafting in the top 15 eyeing OSU RB Ezekiel Elliott. Schrager says there are two other teams who would like take him before pick No. 15.
- Matt Miller is convinced that Georgia LB Leonard Floyd will be a top-10 pick and Louisville DL Sheldon Rankins could be as well.
- Peter Schrager reports that a team in the top 10 picks flew to meet with Floyd last minute on Tuesday. Schefter suggests the Jaguars, Buccaneers, and Giants as teams to watch for him.
- Alabama C Ryan Kelly is considered the “safest” pick in 15-22 range and NFL teams reportedly view him as a “slam dunk.” (Peter Schrager)
- Schrager knows of two teams that have Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley rated above Laremy Tunsil on their boards.
- Teams are reportedly high on three safeties in late-first, early-second round range including: Karl Joseph, Von Bell, and Keanu Neal. (Peter Schrager)
- Peter Schrager reports that there’s buzz right now that the Chargers could be leaning towards taking a defensive lineman at No. 3 overall.
Schrager adds that they would likely go with DeForest Buckner over Joey Bosa.
- Peter Schrager believes people should slow down on the talk of the Saints taking Memphis QB Paxton Lynch.
- Instead, Schrager believes New Orleans is focused on defense above all.
Tags DeForest Buckner Ezekiel Elliott Joey Bosa Karl Joseph Keanu Neal Laremy Tunsil Leonard Floyd Paxton Lynch Ronnie Stanley Ryan Kelly Sheldon Rankins Von Bell