Home / Bengals / AFC Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, Raiders & Titans
AFC Notes: Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, Raiders & Titans
- Coley Harvey of ESPN wouldn’t be “shocked” to see the Bengals trade down from their No. 21 pick, but does not anticipate them going this route
- Harvey lists five players for Cincinnati to consider including: LSU OT La’el Collins, Miami OT Ereck Flowers, FSU DT Eddie Goldman, Kentucky OLB Bud Dupree and Miami WR Phillip Dorsett.
- Harvey would “pull the trigger” on Collins if he is available at No. 21.
- Adam Teicher of ESPN says there is no way the Chiefs trade up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.
- Teicher can see the Chiefs drafting Kansas State WR Tyler Lockett with their No. 49 pick in the second round if he is still available at that point.
- Teicher mentions Wake Forest CB Kevin Johnson and LSU CB Jalen Collins as players to keep an eye on at No. 18 overall.
- Mike Wells of ESPN believes RB Vick Ballard will be Frank Gore‘s backup, but he must prove he can stay healthy enough to assume the role.
- DE Robert Mathis said that he is hoping to be recovered from an Achilles tear in time for training camp. However, owner Jim Irsay admitted that Mathis could return by November as a worst-case scenario.
- Wells mentions that the Colts re-signing free agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw is “highly unlikely“, as he is still recovering from the broken leg he sustained in Week 11.
- Wells could see the Colts coming away from this year’s draft with a wide receiver at “some point.“
- OT Gosder Cherilus is expected to have the first opportunity to start at right tackle.
- However, Wells views Cherilus as a short-term answer at right tackle and expects the Colts to address that position during the draft.
- Bill Williamson of ESPN would be “shocked” if the Raiders did not select USC DL Leonard Williams if he is available at No. 4 overall.
- If Oakland decides to trade down, Williamson views the Jets (No. 6), Bears (No. 7), Falcons (No. 8), Rams (No. 10), Browns (No. 12, No. 19), Dolphins (No. 14) and Eagles (No. 20) as possible trade partners.
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN considers Alabama WR Amari Cooper to be a better fit for the Titans’ offense than West Virginia WR Kevin White.
- If the Titans plan on drafting a receiver, Kuharsky could see Tennessee trading down to the No. 5 or 6 range.
- The only veteran player that Kuharsky thinks the Titans could trade the No. 2 overall pick for is Chargers QB Philip Rivers.
Tags Ahmad Bradshaw Amari Cooper Bud Dupree Eddie Goldman Ereck Flowers Frank Gore Gosder Cherilus Jim Irsay Kevin White La'el Collins Leonard Williams Marcus Mariota Philip Rivers Phillip Dorsett Robert Mathis Tyler Lockett Vick Ballard