Home / Bengals / AFC Notes: Bengals, Colts, Jaguars, & Ravens
AFC Notes: Bengals, Colts, Jaguars, & Ravens
- Coley Harvey writes that if the concerns regarding WR Percy Harvin are accurate, “you don’t touch him with a 50-foot pole if you’re Cincinnati. It doesn’t matter how dynamic and explosive he may be.”
- Harvey believes drafting a wide receiver is in play for the Bengals.
- Harvey expects Ryan Hewitt to remain in the H-Back role, which means they’re unlikely to draft a fullback.
- They may have to look for a tight end in free agency or the draft if they can’t keep Jermaine Gresham.
- According to Harvey, Bills DE Jerry Hughes and Broncos DT Terrance Knighton are both realistic free agent targets for the Bengals.
- Greg Hardy, on the other hand, is likely to be out of their price range.
- Harvey also suggests Dolphins TE Charles Clay and Browns TE Jordan Camerson as guys to keep an eye on at tight end.
- ESPN’s Mike Wells doesn’t see any reason why GM Ryan Grigson should be on a short leash with the Colts.
- By no means a surprise, but Wells doesn’t see the Colts keeping RB Trent Richardson.
- Wells can see the Colts looking for a receive in free agency or in the later rounds of the draft.
- Wells believes the Colts should pursue Ndamukong Suh in free agency.
- Michael DiRocco fully expects the Jaguars to target receiver upgrades in free agency.
- DiRocco can see the Jaguars targeting free agent TEs like Julius Thomas and Charles Clay.
- DiRocco believes it would be a “waste of money” for the Jaguars to target Ndamukong Suh in free agency.
- Jamison Hensley writes that the Ravens would ideally have extensions in place for DT Haloti Ngata and G Marshal Yanda. However, if they had to choose just one, Hensley believes it would be Ngata.
- Hensley would take Washington CB Marcus Peters over the likes of Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong, and Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon because Peters is the best all-around cornerback and it addresses a major need.
- Hensley doesn’t see the Ravens going after unrestricted free agents like Broncos S Rahim Moore.
- Instead, Hensley mentions that they’re more likely to keep an eye out for cap casualties like Raiders S Tyvon Branch.
- Hensley views cornerback and wide receiver as the Ravens top needs.
- According to Hensley, the odds of Baltimore bringing in a veteran QB are “very good” and suggests Josh McCown, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy and Matt Flynn as potential options.
Tags charles clay Colt McCoy Dorial Green-Beckham Greg Hardy Haloti Ngata Jaelen Strong Jermaine Gresham Jerry Hughes Jimmy Clausen Jordan Camerson Josh McCown Julius Thomas Marcus Peters Marshal Yanda Matt Flynn Melvin Gordon Ndamukong Suh Percy Harvin Rahim Moore Ryan Grigson Ryan Hewitt Terrance Knighton Trent Richardson Tyvon Branch