- Albert Breer reports that the Broncos have had their sights set on Kirk Cousins for some time now.
- However, if things don’t work out in free agency, Breer says Case Keenum becomes the name to watch for Denver.
- Breer points out that John Elway tried to trade for Keenum during the 2016 season and there’s also the ties to Gary Kubiak.
- We have Cousins and Keenum featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
Chiefs owner Clark Hunt said the team was unwilling to trade QB Alex Smith to the Broncos, given that they are a division opponent.
“I think it’s pretty typical in the NFL not to seek trades within the division,” Hunt said, per Mike Klis. That’s pretty standard fare particularly when we’re talking about a high-profile player.’’
Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti admitted he was “a little shocked” that Dean Pees elected to come out of retirement to become the Titans’ defensive coordinator.
“I’m a little shocked,” Bisciotti said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “He’s 68 years old. It’s hard to give it up, I guess.”
- Manish Mehta reports that Alabama assistant Karl Dunbar is in discussions with the Steelers to be their next defensive line coach.
- Mark Kaboly reports that the Steelers have promoted Shaun Sarrett to assistant offensive line coach.
- Gerry Dulac reports that the Steelers are looking at candidates to come in and possibly learn under DL coach John Mitchell until he retires.