- Mike Klis mentions that the only way he could see the Broncos drafting a running back in round one is they address all their other needs in free agency such as defensive and offensive line help.
- While the Broncos have C.J. Anderson for a guaranteed $3 million next year and Devontae Booker entering his second year with the team, Klis still believes the Broncos need to draft a running back to develop for 2018.
- The feeling Albert Breer got over the weekend was that Chiefs executive Chris Ballard’s the candidate that most intrigues the Colts the most.
- Breer mentions that Ballard is well connected and would be able to assemble a “robust” staff to work with.
Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell told reporters he believes they can win a Super Bowl with Blake Bortles as their quarterback and thinks he has a “bright” future.
“I’ve said this time and time again: ‘I think we can win a lot of games with Blake; I think we can win a Super Bowl with Blake,” Caldwell said, via Jaguars.com. “I think he needs to improve and I think we need to improve around him, too, in order for that to happen.”
“I think the future is bright for him,” Caldwell said. “I have a lot of confidence in him. I know he has the makeup in terms of intelligence, competitiveness, his hard work, his effort, so if he has those things I think the rest of it will come.”
- Alex Marvez reports that the Jaguars are hiring former DBs coach Joe Danna as their assistant secondary coach.
- Joel Corry expects Raiders QB Derek Carr to sign a long-term deal that pays his $25 million per year and includes at least $80 million guaranteed with $45 million fully guaranteed at signing.
- Jason Cole reports that the Raiders and casino magnate Sheldon Adelson are still hoping to get a deal done regarding a Las Vegas stadium.
- However, Adelson will not stand in way of a potential Raiders’ move to Las Vegas, even if the two parties are unable to reach an agreement.
- Cole’s source indicated that Adelson has changed his position on a deal with the Raiders and now believes a move would aid his legacy.