Home / Broncos / AFC Notes: Broncos, Colts, Jets, Texans
AFC Notes: Broncos, Colts, Jets, Texans
- According to Nicki Jhabvala, Broncos rookie TE Jake Butt will “probably” open the 2017 season on the PUP list. This would cost Butt the first six games of the season.
- Adam Caplan mentions that with the Broncos announcing that rookie Garett Bolles will be their starting left tackle this year and Menelik Watson being their right tackle, veteran OT Donald Stephenson‘s future with the team could be in question.
- Caplan points out that Stephenson is in line to be a highly paid backup OT at $4 million in total compensation for the upcoming season.
- According to Colts HC Chuck Pagano, “there’s no timeline” for QB Andrew Luck to return from offseason shoulder surgery. (Stephen Holder)
- Holder mentions that the current situation makes it seem likely Luck will miss the season opener, which means Scott Tolzien should be in line to start Week 1’s game against the Rams.
- Adam Schefter reports that Jets WR Quincy Enunwa underwent successful surgery today on bulging disk in back.
- According to Schefter, Enunwa plans to be around the team and the community throughout the 2017 season.
- John McClain reports that Texans WR Jaelen Strong is appealing the one-game suspension handed down by the NFL for an arrest on a marijuana possession charge back in February of last year.
Tags Andrew Luck Donald Stephenson Garett Bolles Jaelen Strong Jake Butt Menelik Watson Quincy Enunwa Scott Tolzien