- The Browns are working out LB Jonathan Celestin on Tuesday. (NFL Draft Diamonds)
- Cleveland is also bringing in OLB Nigel Harris for a workout. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Browns signed CB Jeremiah McKinnon and LB Brady Sheldon to their practice squad.
Regarding the team’s recent decision to place TE Hunter Henry on their PUP list, as opposed to injured reserve, Chargers GM Tom Telesco explained that this gives them a “small opportunity” for Henry to return late in the year.
“That’s a normal transaction to do since his injury happened before training camp,” Telesco said. “But, it does give us the small opportunity that if his rehab comes along very, very well, late in the year he could possibly come back to play. Now, the odds are much more that he’ll play next year and not this year, we know that. But, we figured let’s keep the window open if we can. I think it’s great for him. He has that little carrot at the end that maybe, maybe he could play. But we’ll be very, very smart with it. Everything would have to perfectly line up. We would never jeopardize Hunter’s long-term prospect with doing something now. But the opportunity was there and we (did) it so we’ll see where it goes, but that would be way, way down the road.”
- Ryan Dunleavy reports that the Jaguars are bringing in WR Kalif Raymond for a workout on Tuesday and he wouldn’t be surprised if they signed him, possibly to their practice squad.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said they plan to keep K Kaare Vedvik on the non-football injury list so he can train with the team once he recovers from the recent injuries he sustained: “It was disappointing for him because I think it cost him a chance to kick in this league. There were plenty of trade talks.” (Jamison Hensley)
- Harbaugh said he’s hopeful that they will re-sign LB Albert McClellan. (Jeff Zrebiec)