- Browns HC Hue Jackson told reporters on Friday that they are sticking with Kevin Hogan as their backup quarterback again in Week 2. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- According to Jackson, they aren’t sure if WR Kenny Britt will start for them this weekend and it will ultimately depend on the formation. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jackson added that he expects WRs Sammie Coates and Kasen Williams to play more on Sunday then they did in the opener. (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson confirmed that G Kevin Zeitler (thumb) will play Week 2 against the Ravens.
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano announced that S Darius Butler, LB Antonio Morrison, CB Vontae Davis and QB Andrew Luck are all out for Sunday’s game. (Stephen Holder)
- Colts first-round pick Malik Hooker will likely start for them at free safety.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles ruled out LB Bruce Carter, OL Jonotthan Harrison, TE Jordan Leggett, S Rontez Miles, LB Edmond Robinson, and TE Eric Tomlinson for Week 2’s game. (Connor Hughes)
- Bowles added that recently re-signed WR Jeremy Kerley may or may not play this weekend.
“Mark Davis and I still talk about him,” McKenzie said in an interview with The Athletic. “We just want to make sure he is doing fine, getting his life on track. Whether Aldon comes back or not really doesn’t matter at this point. We just want him to be the best Aldon Smith he can be.”
According to McKenzie, they’ve yet to hear from the league about a potential return for Smith, but they’re more focused on him getting his life in order.
“Yeah, it’s been quiet,” McKenzie said. “Aldon is just taking the right steps and is going to worry about football later.”
“I know deep down he wants to play football,” McKenzie said. “We’re going to be with him until he gets his life in order … or until he doesn’t. If he tells me that he is not going to try anymore, then we’ll move on. As long as he is trying, he will stay on the roster.”