- Alex Marvez reports the Chiefs tried to hire former LB Antonio Pierce as their new LB coach, but Pierce elected to stay at Arizona State.
- The Athletic’s Nate Taylor identifies cornerback as the top need for the Chiefs this offseason, with CB Steven Nelson likely to try and test the open market.
- Taylor expects the Chiefs to try and bring back LB Dee Ford, perhaps with the franchise tag, along with FB Anthony Sherman and DL Allen Bailey.
- While the Chiefs would like to bring back WR Chris Conley and C Mitch Morse, there’s a good chance another team will offer more, according to Taylor.
- The Chiefs will likely tender upcoming restricted free agent S Jordan Lucas.
- Among the Chiefs who are unlikely to return next season, Taylor lists LB Justin Houston and S Daniel Sorensen.
- Taylor lists CB Bryce Callahan and LB Shane Ray as potential targets for the Chiefs in free agency.
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News expects the Jets to improve their offensive line through free agency and also select a prospect at some point in the 2019 NFL Draft.
- Mehta believes Jets DL Leonard Williams “should thrive” in new DC Gregg Williams‘ 4-3 scheme, but admits that DL Henry Anderson is better suited for a 3-4 system.
- Mehta does not think the Jets will retain Josh McCown this offseason but will look to sign another veteran quarterback to replace him.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the NFL is studying the viability of the Raiders playing home games next season at Oracle Park, home of the MLB’s San Francisco Giants.
- La Canfora says the other two options for the Raiders in 2019 will be sharing Levi’s Stadium with the 49ers or playing another year at Oakland Alameda-County Coliseum.