After the Titans made the decision to not apply their franchise tag to TE Jared Cook, it seems as though Cook will end up being among the most sought-after free agents in this year’s market.
Here are the latest notes regarding the market for Cook.
- Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennessean mentions that the Titans are still discussing a long-term contract with Cook, but the two sides “haven’t been close on money to this point.“
- Ben Volin tweets that he expects to see the Dolphins show interest in signing Cook.
- Ian Rapoport reported on Tuesday that a source has informed him that the Titans are prepared to make Cook a “strong long-term offer.” The source added that “we are not losing him.“
- Jim Wyatt tweets that Cook could command as much as $7-$8 million per season.
- Sean Jenson of the Chicago Tribune reports that a source has informed him that the Bears are “likely” to show interest in impending free agent Jared Cook in the coming weeks.
- Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland believes Cook could be a “superstar” in new Browns’ head coach Rob Chudzinski’s offense.
- Jason La Canfora mentioned that the Rams could “strongly” pursue Jared Cook during free agency.
We have Cook listed as the No. 19 best available player in our Top 50 Free Agents list.