- Jerry Jones says that re-signing WR Dez Bryant is not in the best interest of the team. (NFLTR)
- The Cowboys are reportedly leaning toward placing C Travis Frederick on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- The Cowboys have DT Antwaun Woods (calf), DT Maliek Collins (knee) and CB Chidobe Awuzie (ankle) listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Texans and WR Terrance Williams (foot) as out.
Michael Bennett referred to his new role with the Eagles as a “test of character” after seeing just under 55 percent of the defensive plays so far this season.
“I think it’s always a test of character when you have to reinvent yourself or do something that you’re not comfortable with or find a way to find some comfort in it when you’re not comfortable, but to find a way to contribute in any type of way,” Bennett said, via ESPN.com. “When you’ve got great leadership like Malcolm Jenkins, Fletcher Cox, Chris Long, all these great players, you just have to find a way to contribute on the team.”
“You always want to play more, but in this situation you just want to win,” Bennett added. “When you have a good quarterback, a good running game, you just want to win the game. We have a great defense, and I think for me it’s just wanting to win a championship. Playing with some great players, and the opportunity to play here is always a blessing.”
- Zack Rosenblatt reports that Isaac Seumalo will likely start at left guard for the Eagles this week, replacing Stefen Wisniewski.
- The Philadelphia Eagles officially ruled out DE Derek Barnett (shoulder) and RB Darren Sproles (hamstring) for Week 5 and list RB Corey Clement (quadricep) and DT Haloti Ngata (calf) as questionable.
Giants WR Sterling Shepard mentioned that he’s “looking good” for Sunday’s game after having a cyst removed from his back and missing Wednesday’s practice.
“Looking good,” Shepard said, via the New York Daily News. “[We’ll] see how the rest of the week goes… I wouldn’t say [I feel] perfectly fine. I’m getting back to myself, though.”
- The New York Giants officially ruled out TE Evan Engram (knee) and DE Olivier Vernon (ankle) for Sunday’s game against the Panthers.
- JP Finlay reports that Redskins WR Josh Doctson’s heel injury has him in a walking boot.
- Redskins S Troy Apke (hamstring), WR Josh Doctson (heel), and G Shawn Lauvao (calf) did not practice on Friday while CB Josh Norman (hamstring), RB Adrian Peterson (ankle), WR Paul Richardson (shoulder), G Brandon Scherff (knee), and OT Trent Williams (knee) put in limited workouts.