Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said Friday that they’re “unequivocally not trying to trade” LB Anthony Barr, despite an internet report that apparently surfaced about the possibility.
“I was made aware of an erroneous report about Anthony Barr Anthony is my guy,” Zimmer said, per Chris Tomasson. “We are unequivocally not trying to trade Anthony. There’s none whatsoever truth to that rumor. He had a tweak yesterday and we kept him out. He should be out there today.”
- According to Zimmer, they’re hopeful Barr will sign an extension. (Chris Tomasson)
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Lions are optimistic about their remodeled backfield this summer following the addition of LeGarrette Blount and second-round pick Kerryon Johnson.
- Regarding Johnson, Pelissero mentions that he has made a positive impression up to this point.
- Lions veteran G T.J. Lang singled out Ameer Abdullah as the guy he’s been most impressed with. Pelissero adds that he’s heard Abdullah is starting to show signs of the guy he was dating back to this spring.
Vikings WR Adam Thielen is considered one of the best bargains in the NFL after he signed a four-year, $19.2 million contract last offseason.
However, Thielen explained that he signed his contract because he “didn’t want to have to worry about it.”
“When I signed my contract before last season, that’s why I did it, because I didn’t want to have to worry about it,” Thielen said, via the Pioneer Press. “I wanted to just go out and play football, and it allowed me to do that. I want to continue to do that, just play football, focus on the things I can control, and let the other people take care of that.”
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer when asked if he plans to use RB Dalvin Cook in the preseason opener said. “He’s ready now.’’ Zimmer added: “Yeah, I’ll probably see him in the preseason.’’ (Chris Tomasson)