Bears WRs coach Zach Azzanni explained that they’re trying to build up former first-round pick Kevin White‘s confidence while blocking out the noise around him
“We’ve got to block out the noise with him,” Azzanni said, via the Chicago Tribune. “I can’t let him read papers and [listen] to the media. I just can’t. Because there is going to be some negative in there that gets in his head. And he can’t let that happen. He has to be positive. And we’ve got to go in our bunker all the time and tell him how great he is. Because he is.”
“He forgets about that sometimes,” Azzanni said of White’s prior accomplishments. “Because of the embattled two years that he has had. . . . I wanted him to see how he owned the ball in the air, how he used to go up and just grab that ball in the air. He’s starting to do that again.”
- Tom Pelissero reports that the NFL is not expected to announce anything pertaining to their investigation into the domestic violence allegations against Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott this week.
- Instead, Pelissero says commissioner Roger Goodell is waiting for the four outside advisors who attended the meeting to finish their work.
- According to Alden Gonzalez, Rams RB Lance Dunbar is out indefinitely with a knee injury.
- Gonzalez mentions that Malcolm Brown appears to have solidified himself as the backup running back to Todd Gurley.
- Rams HC Sean McVay said he’s been “pleasantly surprised” with Brown, who he says has “done a nice job of establishing himself in that secondary role.”
- Even so, Gonzalez wonders if the Rams could bring another running back in at some point.
- Adam Schefter reports that Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy will make another $55,000 bonus on Tuesday if he weighs in at 250 pounds or less.