- The Bears have seven players officially listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Packers including G Kyle Long (finger), ILB Danny Trevathan (calf), TE Dion Sims (illness), CB Bryce Callahan (knee), CB Sherrick McManis (hamstring), DL Roy Robertson-Harris (hamstring) and OL Tom Compton (ankle).
- The New York Giants officially ruled out linebackers B.J. Goodson, Devon Kennard and Keenan Robinson for Sunday’s game.
- Giants CB Donte Deayon is listed as doubtful while LB Jonathan Casillas, LB Calvin Munson, DE Olivier Vernon and DL Kerry Wynn are down as being questionable for Week 10.
Packers HC Mike McCarthy wouldn’t get into specifics as to why they elected to move on from Bennett, but he confirmed that they discussed him undergoing surgery earlier in the week.
“I’m not going to get into the Patriots claiming Marty, I’ll just reiterate what I said yesterday: I just know what the facts are and how the timeline came about,” McCarthy said, via ESPN.com. “I talked to him Tuesday [following the bye week] after practice and he a shoulder concern injury. I advised him to get the second opinions. He did that and he went to a number of them. The last medical conversation I was involved with in regards to Marty, they were talking about scheduling surgery. After that, then you have the termination and then the claim. I really don’t have any comments on that. I’ve answered the question for the last time, respectfully.”
- Mike Reiss of ESPN reports that Bennett was present for the Patriots’ Friday practice, which implies he passed a physical for the team.
- David Chao writes that will be difficult for the Packers to prove that Bennett was injured before they signed him to a contract.
- The Packers officially ruled out S Morgan Burnett, DT Quinton Dial, and OT Bryan Bulaga for Week 10’s game.
- Green Bay also lists OLB Ahmad Brooks, OL Justin McCray and LB Joe Thomas as questionable.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer announced Friday that DE Everson Griffen is questionable for Week 10, but the expectation is that he will play against the Redskins.
- The Vikings ruled out RT Mike Remmers with a concussion.