- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said Wednesday that they are not interested in trading for a quarterback at this point in time. (Matt Maiocco)
- The 49ers worked out several quarterbacks on Tuesday (NFLTR), but they’re not expected to sign anyone until next week.
Regarding the decision, Cardinals HC Steve Wilks said he was “very confident in the call” and with Edmunds being on the field in a pressure situation.
“I think as a man, if you look in the mirror and say, ‘You know what? I’m not performing well,’” Wilks said, via the Arizona Republic. “‘Coach has given me every opportunity to be able to step up and play.’ I think I’ve shown to these players throughout the best 11 are going to play. We’re going to keep the best 53, whether you’re a draft pick or a free agent. The opportunity is there and one thing about it, there’s no favoritism. I want guys out there that are going to be out there making plays and that are going to help us win football games. And that’s the opportunity that you’re given each week.”
- Josh Rosen said being named the team’s starting quarterback: “I’ve prepared the same every single week up to this point as if I was the starter. Anything can happen and something has happened, so it doesn’t change my preparation at all. I’m always balls to the wall all the time.” (AzCentral)
- The Rams placed CB Aqib Talib on injured reserve and could be without CB Marcus Peters, which should open more playing time for Sam Shields.
- Shields, who has a scary history of concussions, explained that he’s looking forward to showing he can still play at a high level: “A lot of people still like want to know, ‘Is he all right?’ Things like that. For me, it’s just kind of show people I still got it. I can still do it.” (Los Angeles Times)